Gasworks Farmers' Market Third Saturday of every month
Farmers Market Update 03/08:
Due to the developments with COVID-19, the farmers market will be operating. However, there will be some changes:
• Please enter through the Graham Street entrance,
• Only one member per household is permitted to attend,
• Please keep your visit limited up to one hour,
• Check whether your residence is within the 5km radius of Gasworks by clicking here,
• Capacity limits will be in effect, so please be kind & patient,
• Our winter layout means a smaller market footprint, so please ask one of our staff who will gladly assist you in finding your favourite stallholders,
• The Gasworks BBQ stall will be closed,
• Stallholders briefed on best practice to minimize exposure based on DHHS guidelines,
• Stallholders are using hand sanitizer and/or washing hands regularly during operation,
• Extra spacing between stalls will be facilitated,
Farmers who are concerned that they will be at risk of exposure are under no obligation to attend, and will be provided financial assistance to attend future markets.
Deep coloured, ripe and delicious fruit and vegetables, aromatic hand-made cakes and jams, freshly laid free range eggs and just cut flowers are only a few of the sumptuous goods you’ll find at our monthly Gasworks Farmers’ Market, held on the third Saturday of each month. .
You will love spending Saturday mornings on the grass soaking up the vibrant atmosphere and sampling the very best of local Victorian produce, direct from Victorian farmers and specialty makers.
The Gasworks Resident Artist Studios are also open during the Farmers Market, so make sure you pop in and say hello!
For the full list of stallholders and the circuit of accredited farmers’ markets in Melbourne every week, go to the Melbourne Farmers’ Markets website: www.mfm.com.au and keep well fed with market news on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
Please remember, Gasworks Farmers’ Market is plastic bag free and all packaging is as environmental responsible as possible so bring your own trolleys or baskets, reusable bags and coffee cups/mugs.
THE FARMERS MARKET PHILOSOPHY
Accredited farmers’ markets reflect the true seasons of local fresh food and reconnect the two ends of the food chain; producer meets consumer direct. There is a simple philosophy at the market; that the goods are grown, made and known by those who sell them and that the quality of produce is of the utmost importance. From across Victoria, stallholders bring you a slice of rural life and create a unique and very personal shopping expedition.
NEARBY FARMERS MARKETS
The Gasworks Farmers Market is one of four VFMA accredited Farmers Markets located in the City of Port Phillip each month:
First Saturday of each month: VegOut Farmers Market
Second Saturday of each month: Elwood Farmers Market
Third Saturday of each month: Gasworks Farmers Market
Fourth Saturday of each month: Fitzroy Street Farmers Market
For more details about how to apply for a stall at the Gasworks Farmers’ Market and the criteria involved, please go to the Stall Enquiry page on the Melbourne Farmers’ Market website: http://mfm.com.au/stall-enquiry/
You can also contact Melbourne Farmers’ Markets via: 03 9499 3400 or email@example.com
Date & Times:18 January15 February21 March18 April16 May20 June18 July15 August19 September17 October21 November19 DecemberTickets:
FREEWhere:Gasworks ParklandAccessibility:Wheelchair Accessible